Roundhouse Birmingham recognises that its day-to-day operations impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We are committed to significantly reducing our impact on the planet through the prevention and reduction of waste and pollution, and the continual improvement of our systems and processes.
We are committed to:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility across all business operations by planning, reviewing and auditing performance.
- Actively encouraging staff, tenants and visitors to use public transport or sustainable forms of transport as methods for visiting the Roundhouse. Where journeys are necessary, encouraging the most environmental method of transport to be chosen over cost.
- Re-using, recycling and minimising waste in order to improve our office and visitor environmental performance.
- Prioritising impact over cost when making purchasing decisions.
- Minimising energy used and ensuring that the energy we do use comes from renewable sources.
- Embracing new technology and change which reduces our impact on the planet.
- Protecting, conserving and enhancing the environment, including habitats and heritage.
- Following best practice guidance from our founding partners.
- Sharing our sustainability pledge with all our stakeholders, including suppliers, staff, tenants and visitors.