We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers with a passion for the city and a willingness to learn new skills. The Roundhouse is a brand-new place to visit and a lively base for exploration and adventure with our volunteers at the heart of all we do. With a range of flexible opportunities available, we’re sure you’ll find an opportunity that suits you.
Whether you want to boost your confidence, gain some experience, meet new friends or simply give back to your community, we’d love to have you on board.
We’re an independent charity focused on showcasing Birmingham’s historic roots, bringing together people, organisations and communities with a passion for heritage and culture. As a volunteer, we will always encourage you to be bold, authentic and brave with your ideas and as part of a pioneering family, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the Roundhouse and our visitors’ experiences from the very beginning.
Training is provided with all our roles. We just ask that you are reliable, enthusiastic and ready to get stuck in.
What being a Roundhouse Volunteer involves
- Committing to our training programmes, which will provide you with the tools you need to reach your full potential as a volunteer.
- Opportunities to develop and deliver innovative tours from and around the Roundhouse.
- Joining a team of friendly volunteers and staff that make the Roundhouse a great place to be a part of.
- You’ll be one of the first volunteers with Roundhouse Birmingham as it opens as a new destination. As part of the team, you will be instrumental in shaping how visitors experience our activities.
- Flexible volunteering will ensure we can fit training, tours and activities around your schedule and other events happening at the property.
- We’ll cover agreed costs of your travel between home and the Roundhouse.
How can I get involved?
Take a look at all our current opportunities, or sign up on our volunteering system to register your interest.
This will take you to our volunteer registration and scheduling system, Beeple.
Most frequent questions and answers
We have a variety of volunteering opportunities available at Roundhouse Birmingham. More information on the type of roles available can be found on our role profile page.
For most of our volunteer roles we don’t require people with any specific skills or experience. We’re looking for people with an enthusiasm to get involved and a willingness to learn about Roundhouse Birmingham.
Yes, all roles require an element of training. You can find more information on our role profile page.
Our volunteering roles are flexible, so you’ll be able to work around a schedule that suits you. Most roles are ongoing, but some are short term and others might need a longer commitment. More info can be found on our role profile page.
Roundhouse Birmingham is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications for volunteer roles. Please get in touch with us so we can discuss your individual needs get in touch.
Our volunteering opportunities are open to people aged 18 and over. If you are between 16 and 18, please get in touch directly with us as there may be opportunities available.
As a new charity, we’re still finding our feet. We hope to be able to offer school work experience placements in the future – watch this space!
Yes, we pay for travel expenses for volunteers to and from Roundhouse Birmingham, however, this is dependent upon your location. For more information please visit our role profile page.
Roundhouse Birmingham is committed to equal opportunities and having a criminal record will not exclude you from volunteering. For more information please get in touch.